Scorpion HEJ series jacks operate at just 3300 psi, which is one third of many of our competitor’s. At this pressure, the jacking cylinder bore must be considerably larger to generate the full capacity of the jack. The larger bore, rod and base plate make for extremely stable jacking. Scorpion’s patented trunnion mounting allows the jacking cylinder to free stand flat on the floor.
The use of double acting jacking cylinder (including the telescopic models) gives greater control particularly during descent. Counterbalance valves prevent “over run” should the load try to descend faster than the pump can supply oil. This requires the jack to be powered down and prevents accidental lowering of the load.
Three Way Overload Protection
- An air pressure regulator is set to 90psi (96psi for HEJ150), the level required for maximum lift.
- Installed directly after the regulator is an air pressure relief valve set to 95psi.
- An hydraulic pressure relief valve is incorporated in the hydraulic circuit.
Low Pressure Operation
Because Scorpion uses just one third the pressure of many of their competitors the hydraulic components last longer and are less likely to fail suddenly. In the event of a catastrophic failure there will be three times the oil to lose with only one third the pressure to force it out. The collapse rate of a Scorpion will be much slower than units working at 10,000psi.
Low Effort to Move and Position
The combination of large diameter wheels and pneumatic tyres, adjustable axle position, and adjustable handle not only reduce the effort required but, most importantly, eliminates strain on the operator’s back.
A simple toggle switch (pneumatic valve) located well away from the load controls “UP-HOLD-DOWN”. Counter balance valves prevent the load from creeping down during “HOLD” and require the jack to be powered down.
Load Holding Chocks for all new models
- Unique trunnion mounting of jacking cylinder
- Steel tube used throughout, no hydraulic hose
- Adjustable wheel and handle position
- Double acting jacking cylinder
- Provision for lifting dollies
- Counterbalance valve prevents accidental retraction, jack must be powered down
- Large diameter wheels and pneumatic tyres
- Exceptional manoeuvrability
- Protective covering of all air and hydraulic components
- Large diameter, highly stable base on jacking cylinder
- Fully welded, all steel, heavy duty chassis
- Air operated hydraulic pump
- Full working capacity reached at 620 kpa 90psi (96psi HEJ150 and HEJ150-80) air pressure
- Simple “UP – HOLD – DOWN” control
- Heavy duty, all welded, steel chassis forms the backbone of these incredibly rugged jacks.
- All air lines are totally protected within the boxed steel handle.
- Hydraulic steel tubes not located under the hinged cover are mounted well below the top of the chassis and behind the wheels for added protection.
- Super Slim Design
- Only 457mm (18″ wide) excluding the base plate, allows close positioning to inside tyre
- Once load chocks are placed around the rod the load is lowered on top of them. Tapered spigots top and bottom of the chocks provide perfect alignment with the jacking cylinder ensuring safe, secure locking of the load.
- Forklift points make long distance moving and/or loading a breeze. A lifting eye is also provided.
Use it as a stand
- Light weight aluminium load chocks (stroke locking blocks)
- Allows jack to be locked at increments of 51mm (2 inches)
- Load supported by a flange on the rod and not directly on the load itself
- Meets standards for floor stand stability
Features especially for underground mining conditions
- Extra low closed height – 250mm (9.84″)
- High lift – 4 and 5 stage jacks
- Long reach – low profile of the jack extends 450mm (17.71″) from the tyres to the centre of the jack ram
- High ground clearance for operating on mine shaft floors
- Large diameter base for good stability on gravel floors
- Boxed forklift points and folding handle for convenient underground transport
Floor Stand Features
HT50 and HT100 Hand Trucks
- For any surface: the HT50 and HT100 hand truck attaches and detaches quickly and effortlessly to the STT models
- Adjustable handle height
- Adjustable wheel position for perfect balance
- Fast attachment and detachment
- Large diameter pneumatic tyres for easy movement on any surface
- Exceeds 2:1 safety margin
- Can be moved easily with hand trucks
- Meets or exceeds Australian Standards AS/NZS 2538:1995
Why Fixed Height?
- Allows for CDS Tube construction reducing overall weight
- Light weight allows for easy movement and reduced risk of injury
- Allows for smallest possible base plate diameter
- Models available in single stage and telescopic configuration.
- Single stage models feature reliable cost effective design.
- Telescopic models feature patented counterbalancing of the second stage meaning NO ROD SHUFFLE during extension or retraction.
- All the original design features are present in these jacks, and are available in standard and low profile models.
- Available in 3 single stage options and one telescopic version.
- Cylinder is actuated via hydraulic control valve.
- Extra large base plate for highly stable jacking.
- Load holding blocks for single stage models.
- Fold down handle for access in low clearance areas, or for extra reach.
- Designed for increased safety, greater efficiency, and lower down time when changing out Draline swing pinion gears.
- 3 Stage double acting cylinder design
- Rotating table for easy shaft and spine alignment
- Cross Line relief valve to prevent over-pressurisation
- Counterbalance valve protection against accidental retraction.
- Highly stable air bearing base provides for easy lateral alignment